Monday, April 8, 2019

[Anime Movie Review] My Neighbors the Yamadas / Houhokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun / ホーホケキョとなりの山田く

Tonight I will write a little bit review of Studio Ghibli's My Neighbors the Yamadas.

The story is super simple. It is about a family, Yamada family, which consists of 5 persons; a dad, a mom, a son, a daughter, and a grandma.


I could say it is more like to a short story which is compiled together and it becomes a 2-hour-movie. However, it is not bad. It's actually super good. Telling us about some daily life stories from the Yamada family, bringing a topic which might be around us too.

For me, I personally like the story where their son, Noboru, said something like this "It would be good if I have a better parents". His mom and dad replied with something like this: if they hadn't been there, then probably Noboru won't exist too.


Another story I like, is when they tell us what a marriage is. As long as a family sticks to each other, they somehow can face the wildest sea, but not for a calm water. We relax, loosening our hold, and we might not realize that we are actually in danger.


Well, if you really watch and think about it, there are actually some good messages that you can get from this anime movie.

As expected from Studio Ghibli, another amazing movie. The concept is totally different with another Studio Ghibli's movie, and the drawing is also nice, which is more like a manga rather than the usual movie, and it's not even lessen the value of the movie.

I would give this movie 9 out of 10 points. I love it so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment