Wednesday, August 3, 2016

[Japanese Movie Review] Isn't Anyone Alive? / Ikiteiru Mono wa Inai no ka?

I'm going to write about a Japanese movie aired in 2012, "Ikiteiru mono wa inai no ka?" or in English "Isn't anyone alive?"


This movie is about random individuals located in a university and the university hospital beside it. There are some groups of people with their own activities which is somehow related to one another.

A group in a cafe, which was talking about marriage and affair.


A group in the park, talking about urban myths which might happening around them.



A group of people practicing dancing for the upcoming their friend's marriage.


Some doctors in the university hospital


A homosexual couple, I guess...


...and some other random people...

One by one died because of an unknown reason.

This movie is well taken, however the story is not interesting at all.
The beginning of the movie is quite interesting, given many groups with different plots. As the story goes on, it's more and more abstract. I personally thought the story is anti-climax from the beginning to the end. It's quite boring to watch the middle to the end of this movie and yet, I don't find anything in the end of this movie. I can summarize this movie as a random movie showing daily activities of some groups of people, where one by one died without a proper reason.
The only thing I get from this movie is some thoughts:
1. People will die and we don't know when. Be prepared for it.
2. It might be hurt more for those who is being left.
3. Will we know if we were about to die? How would it feels? Suffering??
4. Dying sounds scary but, the most scary is what happened after we die? Are we going to Heaven? Hell? Neither of them?
... maybe we'll find out by time...

Anyway, this is just a random movie and you might watch it but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I don't really like the movie (or maybe because I don't understand art and abstract things?!)
I gave 3 (or maybe less) out of 10 for this movie.

*this review is a personal opinion and made by me who is a newbie reviewer, if there is any mistakes, please feel free to make a correction*

0 comments:

Post a Comment