Sunday, January 8, 2017

[Dorama Review] Hotel Concierge / ホテルコンシェルジュ

Well, this gonna be my first review in 2017 as well as the first dorama I watched in 2017. But before that, let me say Happy New Year to all of you! May this year will be a wonderful year for us!

This dorama actually not a so-recent-dorama, Hotel Concierge. I've always been hoping to watch this dorama since it was aired on 2015 but my Japanese is not that good to understand the whole dorama without English sub, so I postponed it until all the English sub released by kowaihitotachi in the d-addicts forum website ( ̄  ̄|||)

Go get them here if you'd like!

Now, let's get started!

The idea of this dorama is "Concierge is the face of the hotel" because concierge helped all the hotel's guests who is in need of something and make them satisfy. Well, I've stayed in some luxurious 5-star-hotel, and never noticed the Concierge actually. When I need something, I only went to the receptionist (or some random staff there) and they would help anyway. Maybe my requests were too easy  ╮( ̄ω ̄;)╭


So the story of the dorama is focusing on the Concierge in Vollmond Hotel (which the shoot is taken in the Nikko Hotel Tokyo Odaiba)


Amano Toko (played by Nishiuchi Mariya) is a new concierge which is moved from food and drink department. She is so ambitious and always try her best to fulfill the guests' request. Never say never might be her motto ( ̄ω ̄;)

Just realized that Nishiuchi Mariya took part on Rain Tree no Kuni as the female main character who got a hearing problem. In this dorama also, she is able to do the sign language, which make me quite amazed.


Another concierge-san, Honjo Kazuma (played by Miura Shohei) which is very famous because of his good-looking and professional services.


And the elderly legendary concierge which joined them by the end of the episode 1: Shukuri Taichi (played by Omi Toshinori).


The three of them are doing their best as the face of the Vollmond Hotel.

Don't forget the talented-and-kind-manager Washio Ryusuke (played by my favorite actor ever Takahashi Katsunori - who make me want to watch this dorama). He cares about people and he tried to make the hotel great using his care without too much calculating the profit.


Every story has its villain, let me introduce you the villain: Katagiri Mihoko (played by Wakamura Mayumi), a new female manager from England who only cares for making the best profit. Her favourite word is "Not elegant". Somehow, she got a 'special' relationship with Manager Washio. I don't want to be a spoiler, so just watch it and you'll find out the real truth in the very very last episode.

Actually I'm not sure if I can say her a villain since she is not that bad also - not like those villain who hurt and harmed people ( ̄□ ̄」)


The whole dorama is telling us about various requests which is asked by the hotel's guests and the Vollmond Hotel's concierge will help them with all their might. Not only the concierge, but all the hotel staff is also helping.

Let's say the bell boys

 Or the cleaning department and housekeeping department

 The florists

 And the chef

All of them showed us a good acting to picture the daily routines in the hotel - as the workers of the hotel - even some might be too exaggerating.

Well, this kind of dorama is more likely to be a family, life genre of dorama. It's something light to be watched, yet it still give motivation and encouraging words, just as how the Japanese dorama would usually be. It's not something which would make you curious to watch the next episode, so you could just slowly watch it when you had time.

The theme song is "Desperado" by Honey L Days. Even though I think it's quite good, I don't know why everytime Takahashi Katsunori played on a dorama, most of the theme song is a not-so-famous-song from a not-so-famous-singer (at least to me). However, it never failed to get into my music playlist.

Not sure if I should recommend this to anyone, but I think it's still worth to watch.
I gave 7 out of 10 for this dorama.

*this review is a personal opinion and made by me who is a newbie reviewer, if there is any mistakes, please feel free to make a correction*

0 comments:

Post a Comment