Saturday, February 18, 2017

[Anime Movie] Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi / Spirited Away 千と千尋の神隠し

After watching Kimi no Na wa, I talked with a friend, and she said something like "Kimi no Na wa is not that interesting to me. I prefer Spirited Away".

I got curious and ended up watching this anime, Spirited Away, or also known with its original title Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi. This anime was aired in 2001, quite an old one, produced by the famous Production House Studio Ghibli.


A 10-year-old girl, named Chihiro is moving to a new town with her family. She seemed to be a stubborn and naughty girl.


Chihiro's father took a wrong turn and they ended up finding a mysterious tunnel. He insisted on exploring the tunnel, even though Chihiro kept saying to leave it away.


Inside the tunnel is the abandoned amusement park, or at least that's what Chihiro's father thought. It seemed that there were no people lives there, however, they found a restaurant with plenty of delicious food. Without thinking much, Chihiro's father and mother started to eat. Chihiro was still afraid and rejected to eat the food. Of course, who would eat such a suspicious food =_=""


Give up to persuade her parents to go back to their car, Chihiro ended up walking around the place alone. She found a bath house, and met a boy named Haku. Haku surprised to see Chihiro and told her to run away before it got dark.


However, it's too late. Chihiro couldn't come back, and her parents turned into pig.


The place turned up to be a spirit world. There, Chihiro worked hard to find a way to turn back her parents into human again.


This anime is a fantasy genre of anime, with ghost and other spiritual story. Actually I'm a coward and I'm afraid of ghost the most, so, if I know that there are ghosts in this movie, I wouldn't want to watch it. However, I watch it because at first I don't know that Spirited Away is this kind of movie ( ̄ε ̄;;)
I don't regret watching this anime movie anyway. Even though many ghosts in the story, but it doesn't really make you afraid.
It's hard to make a comment on the story since it's a fantasy story, but for me this anime is entertaining. I like it as much as I like "Kimi no Na wa", even though the genres are different.

I gave this anime 7.5 out of 10 points


0 comments:

Post a Comment