Sunday, January 21, 2018

[Anime Movie Review] Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind / Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa 風の谷のナウシカ

Another Studio Ghibli film's review streak, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind which was released 1984. This is the first Studio Ghibli's film I think. Now, let's just get started.

Nausicaa is a princess from a kingdom Valley of the Wind. She is so great in flying using a glider.


So, the setting is in a world with so much toxic caused by a war. There is a poisonous forest named Sea of Decay, which has so many giant mutant insects. One of them is Ohm.


Ohm is an insect which eyes would turn red when they are angry. Its shell is very hard and could break swords made of iron. No one could survive if they are attacked by the raging Ohms. The Kingdom of the Valley of the Wind could make weapons from a died Ohm's shell though.


The toxic are getting worse day by day. People from many kingdom are anxious and try to find a way to save themselves. One of them is the Tolmekian which are led by Princess Kushana. They invade the Valley of the Wind and want to use the Giant Warrior to harm the jungle.


Believing that the best way to handle the poisonous jungle is not with force, Nausicaa tried to stop them. Well the story continues until it ends with a happy ending of course.

I can't actually believe that it's the first film ever made by Studio Ghibli because it's super good. Compared to other movies created by them, I think I could say this is one of the best. Well, most of them are the best though, lol. But, recently I found one of the latter movies is not that great, and this is just the contrary.

I could give this anime movie 8 out of 10 points.

1 comment:

  1. I have always liked anime. Most of my friends don’t like it. I am glad to have come across this post, as there is another thing that I added to my watch list. Also, I found some nice series by Andy Yeatman on Netflix. This weekend is going to be a really good one.

    ReplyDelete