Tuesday, July 7, 2015

[Anime Review] Fruits Basket


Didn't even think once that I would write an anime series since I don't watch it often. Well, I don't watch anime often, I don't like it as much as how I love dorama, but this one is one of the must watch anime, I think. Fruits Basket.

Fruits Basket story starts with Honda Tohru, a girl living in a tent because her mother died in an accident. She actually could stay with her grandpa who lives with Tohru's uncle and aunt's family, but because of they are going to remodel the house, Tohru decided to live alone until the renovation finished. Tohru starts her day with the feeling of grateful, happy, and work hard although she lives in a tent. This makes me think that I should be more grateful about my life too... -.-"


She saw a house near the tent and meet her cool classmate there, Sohma Yuki. Later, she found out that she put the tent in the Sohma's land area.


The house belongs to Sohma Yuki's cousin, Sohma Shigeru, who always looks cheerful. Yuki is staying there.


Tohru stays at Shigeru's house because they pity her and need someone to clean the house. Tohru found out that the Sohmas is cursed with the animal zodiac curse and some of the Sohmas will transform into 1 of 12 animals in zodiac mythology when being hugged by their opposite sex. Yuki is a rat and Shigeru is a dog.

Later, another cursed Sohma also join the house. It's Kyo the cat.


They said the cat was being deceived by the rat and didn't become 1 of the 12 animals zodiac, and that's why Yuki and Kyo are fighting all the time.

I love episode 15 the most, "There is no memories it's OK to forget". Sometimes we have a bad memory and wish we could forget it, we should have never done it, or anything. But it's not OK to forget it, we should overcome it. Every episodes give a different good message though.

I also love the theme song for this anime, "For Fruits Basket". The lyrics is very deep... I actually start watching this anime because of the song. I was wondering "What kind of anime is it?"  when listening to this good song.

Well, some people criticize me "You're so late", but better late than never right? It's quite an old anime, and I'm so late to have watched this good anime just yesterday. But I believe some of you haven't watched this anime either, so I decided to write this.

Even though this anime is good and teach me a lot of things, I'm not satisfied with the ending. I personally feel that the story is being forced to end. I don't quite get the ending of the story actually.

For me, it's not perfect but it's worth to watch. It helps me to learn how to be positive with our life no matter what happened. So, go and watch this anime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment