Wednesday, May 6, 2015

[Dorama Review] Dosokai ~ Love Again Shokogun ~


Today, I’m going to review one of my favourite romance dorama which is aired on 2010. It’s Dosokai ~Love Again Shokogun~. Dosokai literally means a class reunion. Love Again Shokogun means Love Again Syndrome.

The story starts from a housewife named Miyazawa Tomomi (real name Aikawa Tomomi, played by Kuroki Hitomi) who had to move from a big house to a small house with her family, because her husband, Miyazawa Seiichiro (played by Fukikoshi Mitsuru), had been laid off and didn’t have any job for a year already. Tomomi worked part time in order to fulfill the family’s needs.
Right after moving, she went to a class reunion where she met her junior high school friends, Nishikawa Yoko (played by Saito Yuki), Okubo Shinichi (played by Mikami Hiroshi), Fukushima Kazuhiko (played by Omi Toshinori), Itakura Mariko (played by Miyaji Masako), and Sugiyama Kousuke (played by Takahashi Katsunori).
Back in the school life, Tomomi and Sugiyama once loved each other but they never confessed. They lived their own life and made their own family. Starting from the class reunion, they started to have feelings for each other once again. Would they choose their love or their own family?

This dorama is brought with a unique point of view I think. The story itself is quite complicated. Naturally we (or at least, I) would think that divorce is a bad thing, but how if it’s the best way to solve all the problems? But still, of course it’s better if there’s no divorce in a marriage, cause divorce is not just about you and your partner, it’s about your children and your family too (if you have any). Divorce should be the very very last way to solve the problems.

Another thing that I note is that a class reunion is indeed quite a big problem. Like the dorama said, it's a time to show off of how rich you are, how successful you are, and how happy you are. It also can lure people to have an affair with someone they used to be friends (even though you already have your own family) if you are not satisfied enough with your condition now. Another version, it could also be that you actually only remember some nostalgic stories in your teens, end up making your partner so jealous, and lead your family to be a broken one (and in the end, having an affair). Well, this dorama has so many version of story which can be used as a sample in the real life, depends on your point of view.

This dorama made me think a little bit more about marriage. Marriage is not an easy thing; you should carefully choose your partner and carefully build your family. Marriage is bound by love, that’s why we should grow our love in a marriage. The hard thing in life is not how to love, but how to retain our love. (What was I talking about? I don’t know anything, I’m still young and not yet married lol, but well, that’s the message I got from this dorama)

I love the cast, Kuroki Hitomi who was really get into the character in this dorama. I think this is my first time watching her dorama and I love the way her acted (well, of course, she is the lead cast, hoho). I also personally love Takahashi Katsunori, I watched a lot of his dorama and movies (I’m going to write a lot of review about his dorama and movie later), and in every dorama, he is never failed to make me amazed of his acting skill!!

For addition, I love the ost of this dorama, Ayumi Sakai's Ex-lover, it matches the dorama very well!!


The dorama is very recommended for those who wants to watch romance dorama and I think I’d give 9 out of 10 points for this dorama! ^^



*this review is a personal opinion and made by me who is a newbie reviewer, if there is any mistakes, please feel free to make a correction*

0 comments:

Post a Comment